Thursday, August 20, 2026

Friday Post 323

 Good afternoon! Firstly, today I've been hard @ work plodding exactly 5300 steps (sweet I'm more than half  a normal person today - that's rare! XD); secondly,  John Piper's daily devotional topic from last night's "Jesus Is Who You're Looking For"; thirdly, TWFT topic's "The Greatest Moment In Your Life's Now" and fourthly, Our Daily Bread's devotional topic's "Faithfully Serving Others"  Anyways, events for today?

  • Yay, what better way  than to end the week with an awesome night's sleep? Nature didn't call until 7:45am and after one pot :P trip, I spend ten minutes beginning a mostly silent chat to Percy the saint/angel, asking him please to help me with the patience, perseverance, strength and endurance I need to get through today with, giving PIG mum all the pleasure, all the satisfaction and just suffering for her whenever she decided that only she can be happy and/or satisfied. It doesn't sound very fair, but she's taught me through her actions, if not through her words, that it's enough she's happy and/or satisfied, and I guess whenever that happens, I've just got to grit my teeth and endure. >< *sigh*
  • I'm counting  myself back to  sleep when PIG mum   suddenly goes THUMP and I   remember that's right, the carer's coming @ 8am today! Soon,  she's let herself into  my room to hit me  with the eye  goo then returning outside and awaiting  Faith's arrival  @ 8am but comes back @ 8:01am snapping "Fifteen more minutes.  She's late." I immediately comply but remind PIG mum please to ring CODA should Faith have not arrived by 8:15am.
  • Luckily, she arrives shortly afterwards; when she taps me @ 8:15am I sit up, say good morning, introduce myself  then use the pot :P for  three tinkles. After we get me kitted I head over to the bathroom and brush teeth before sitting over the loo  for  one tinkle. After washing and drying  Era, I head out  to  the gobbling :P table with  Faith,  who tells me that she had ugali  for breakfast this morning. She's only twenty-four from Kenya,  BTW~
  • Breakfast's one slice of dry (unbuttered) salt very lightly spread with  avocado  and hopefully very lightly  sprinkled with  salt, all my usual  drugs :P and one full mug of  water. Over breakfast, I spent another ten minutes continuing my mostly silent chat to Percy the saint/angel, asking him please to help me get through today okay. I find it's exceedingly important to constantly remind the cruel and unfaithful God that He has no bearing on my good day whatsoever, that I am perfectly capable of having a good day without Him, despite Him and apart from Him, because my good day's dependent on my own good attitude. If only God would remember that ... *sigh* He created the phrase 'live and let live', so why the heck can't He lemme live the free, independent life that I deserve? Okay, fair enough, we all only deserve death because of Him, but why can't He just lemme live the life that nearly everyone else gets to live?? *sigh* Thanks to  PIG mum who  turned Sunrise/The Morning  Show on  for my viewing pleasure; originally I asked Faith please to.  Unsure why she did it? Prolly coz the carer could see her; when  it's just me with her she NEVER helps! XD
  • After breakfast, I ask Faith to please gimme (my face and both  hands) some sunscreen then she walks behind me back  to the loo before returning to the kitchen and washing the breakfast dishes up. Over the loo, I do a stinky unspeakable, also leaning fully against the side rail and finishing my mostly silent chat to Percy the saint/angel. Remember, however the cruel and unfaithful God tries to make my day bad for me, I won't let that affect me because my good day has NOTHING to do with Him; I'm perfectly capable of having a good day without Him, despite Him and apart from Him. See, my good day's dependent on my own good attitude! 
  • After washing and drying Era, I climb into the passenger seat of Faith's car. Sweet, she drives  a BMW! Comfy leather seats and lotsa legroom~
  • Physio today: Eleven sit-to-stands with left and forward weight shift, ring work stacking and reaching for Era and Ela standing and one fast hike around the Great Court! Best of  all, PIG mum kindly left me ten bucks to order myself  a LARGE dirty   chai with marshmallows and Kat left  four/five little Cadbury chocolates for me! Obviously, I wolfed them all down during the drive home; PIG mum wouldn't have lemme enjoy them had I brought them home! 
  • Got home and took a nice hot shower - hairwash  today. Also thanks to Faith who helped me rinse out my hair, thus freeing Era to hold my stupid right eye tightly shut.
  • Dried, creamed and rekitted, lunch was one bowl of the delicious oyakodon I'd cooked with Ari yesterday heaped to the brim with vegetables (lotsa yummy cabbage and lotsa soup carrot) and one huge mug of green tea.
  • Lunch finished, I asked Faith to please washup the lunch dishes while I used the loo for two tinkles then plopped online and did my daily Bible readings. I also asked PIG mum to see Faith off after she finished washing the dishes; she's got one more shift from 4pm till 8pm tonight.
  • Toms: Jacinta's minding me earlier, since Noel's coming @ 10:35am and taking me to Rosanna's birthday party! So expect a super-pissy plodding total from me toms~
  • Anyways, hopefully bbl else wishing everyone a smashing weekend ahead! Cheers, Em. ^^

No comments: