Friday, December 31, 2010

decade reflections

yikes, i've got only fifteen minutes to type out my reflections for this decade! GO!
~2000: started grade eight @ canterbury college.
~2001: grade nine, and i also started being mr. hall's cover girl, making me the most hated student by teachers for the next three years to come. :P
~2002: grade ten brought my best academic year; while i managed to perform in the top 10% of students academically each year, for year ten, i achieved DUX! :D
~2003: i went to japan! best experience of my life thus far! :D
~2004: year twelve, and OMG, i graduated with an OP1! :D
~2005: first year bachelor arts/law @ UQ, arts majoring in international relations and ... sth which i later changed to chinese, much to the ire of mr. jennings. :P
~2006: second year @ uni. i landed my first real job: checkout chic @ woolies!
~2007: god decided that he HATED me and smote me down with a brain tumour. >< most defining event of the decade for me.
~2008: after lotsa threatening :P, the hospital lemme home to celebrate my 21st bday! :D
~2009: i spent some time in the hospital in the early part of the year. just physio everyday bar sunday, nothing special.
~2010: my first trip back to hong kong post-brain injury! 'twas such a joy to see all my friends and family! too bad, little mickey pig could say 'yee ma', 'cheung cheung' but to him, i was 'um'! ><" :P sadly, we returned again in june, when my dearest grandma passed away with lung cancer. but in those four months, mickey had learnt to call me 'emily'! squeee!!! :D
who knows what this new decade coming will bring? whatever it does, i hope it'll be good! well, if it's all about attitude, i'm gonna believe that life WILL get easier for me! :D definitely, i don't plan to fall to my death any time soon! personally, i'm grateful that PIG mum no longer believes that i'll die before i'm thirty; that frees me up to achieving my dream age of reaching one century! :D
see you next decade!
cheers,
em. ^^

No comments: