Monday, July 27, 2009

monday post

good evening, peoples! the word of the day topic was "when you don't get what you want (3)" and em was hard at work today plodding 2234 steps today. anyways, what happened today?
-dearest dad got up to go to work. i used the pot :P then swung myself back to bed, cuddled my darling bear bear, and counted/sang myself back into snoring :P
-PIG mum dug me up. i swung over to use the pot :P once more, but then felt like doing a stinky unspeakable, so much thanks to PIG mum who rolled me in, gave me a cup of water to drink (which i was very careful to hold in the 'correct' manner) and helped me wipe afterwards. actually, she got me kitted as i was sitting over the loo, so from the bathroom, she just made (PLEASE! GO NOW! to the top of friday's post to see what i REALLY want to type, but have unfortunately been TOO HEAVILY CENSORED by PIG mum. ><) me walk out to the gobbling :P table, also forcing me to fumble awkwardly around for my chair before i could sit down.
-breakfast was a yummy crunchy choc chip museli bar and a mug of warm milo. of course, PIG mum wasn't happy until she got to force my poor left hand to hang onto the museli bar as my right hand did the peeling. oh well, like i've said numerous times, thankfully, it doesn't hurt, so who am i to deny her that happiness of forcing her poor daughter to do sth?
-PIG mum popped me my pills afterwards - a fish oil, a garlic and 2 bilberry. (actually, i think there was another 2 tablets, but i duuno how to spell 'eck-in-a-sha'; that's how it's pronounced, anyway) then she made (PLEASE! GO NOW! to the top of friday's post to see what i REALLY want to type, but have unfortunately been TOO HEAVILY CENSORED by PIG mum. ><) me walk out to the 4WD. still without sticky, BTW. :(she also forced me to buckle my own seatbelt, too. :( actually, she wasn't pleased with how i'd collapsed onto the car seat, so she gleefully forced me to stand back up and do it all over again. :(
-off she tootled us to UQ for physio, listening to my car CD.
-thankfully, we found a park. PIG mum made (PLEASE! GO NOW! to the top of friday's post to see what i REALLY want to type, but have unfortunately been TOO HEAVILY CENSORED by PIG mum. ><) me walk up and into the loo, of course forcing me to dak myself.
-actually, there was a smudge on my knickers ... i wiped, then - hallelujah! "i'll ring and cancel hydro for you" says PIG mum." anyways, she made (PLEASE! GO NOW! to the top of friday's post to see what i REALLY want to type, but have unfortunately been TOO HEAVILY CENSORED by PIG mum. ><) me walk over to wash and dry both hands, before she made (PLEASE! GO NOW! to the top of friday's post to see what i REALLY want to type, but have unfortunately been TOO HEAVILY CENSORED by PIG mum. ><) me walk to take a seat in the waiting area.
-she rocked off to pay; a new physio student came to fetch me, a walkbelt already at hand. he Forced me to walk a few laps first, then Forced me to walk inside, where i bid a happy hello to mrs. chan :P
-ben stuck my dumb/sick/crazy :P left arm in that failure OT splint, then we started playing snap. we were joined by joe wong, a 4th year pharmacy student - he's canto, too! of course, i couldn't resist and told him my 'sum ting wong' joke. :P he'll be with us for another couple of weeks, i think.
-a few additional standing and stepping exercises with ben, joe asissting, then he Forced me to walk back down to the car.
-PIG mum tootled us back home, still listening to my car CD. unsurprisingly, she snapped a no to my lunch requests.
-PIG mum made (PLEASE! GO NOW! to the top of friday's post to see what i REALLY want to type, but have unfortunately been TOO HEAVILY CENSORED by PIG mum. ><) me walk all the way back in, and dear dad joined us for lunch.
-half a bowl of noodles, lotsa vegies (i think it was bok choy?) and a few slices of chicken. washed down with a glass of plain milk. of course, PIG mum wasn't happy until she got to force my poor left hand to hang onto the bowl as i ate. no biggie.
-i read out my raymond e feist novel out for awhile as dearest dad went back to work and PIG mum made a phone call or two.
-at 3pm, ding dong! a new carer. her name was rachel. so PIG mum showed her around our house as i read a few more pages out aloud.
-PIG mum finished giving the tour of our house, stuck my walkbelt on, and made (PLEASE! GO NOW! to the top of friday's post to see what i REALLY want to type, but have unfortunately been TOO HEAVILY CENSORED by PIG mum. ><) me walk to the laundry for my shower. then she left rachel and i to it.
-it was nice to have a carer that didn't object to the 'you start undressing me from the bottom, i styart undressing me from the top and we'll meet somewhere in the middle' approach!
-anyways, a nice hot shower - hairwash today. i'm still a bit spotty on my chin still, can't seem to get rid of it.
-i got dried, creamed, rekitted. rachel handed me stickty and Forced me to walk back out.
-but the perfect arvo tea, thanks rachel! a toasted cheese - 2 slices, yeah! - ham and mayo sandwhich, cut into 2 or 3 rectangles, and a cup of tea sweetened with 2 teaspoons of sugar. and yeah, i couldn't resist and sucked the teabag twice :P
-i read my novel out for a few mins, rachel kindly gave my dumb/sick/crazy :P left hand/arm a massage and forced me on like 20mins of hand exercises, just the theraplaydough :P and squeezy balls today.
-rachel Forced me to walk over and practise piano. so my right hand supported my dumb/sick/crazy :P left hand in thunking out twinkle twinkle 5 or so times, then played some scales and some christmas carols.
-rachel Forced me to walk back to my TV chair, and kindly cut me up an apple, declining my offer of a slice. she also mixed me a warm milo. i didn't ask, mind you. she offered.
-at 6:45, she Forced me to walk over tothe toilet, Forced me to walk over to wash and dry both hands, and Forced me to walk back to the dining table.
-i signed her off, and she rocked off on her own accored ten mins early. i think she's quite nice, really, but i think PIG mum's pissed at her ... did she cut off one of my AFO straps or sth?
-PIG mum galloped :P back to force poor em on a few mins plus of the ankle exercises dom dom had taught her, then 40+mins of hand exercises, culminating in a forced march back up to her room and back down. i went to her loo, meaning of course she forced me to dak myself.
-back downstairs, dinner was rice, lotsa wombok and a couple of small chunks of yummy chicken. washed down with a yummy cup of fruit and vegie juice, which i was very careful to hold the 'correct' way; i already had the luxury of holding it 'incorrectly' in the arvo. of course, PIG mum wasn't happy until she got to force my poor left hand to hang onto the bowl as i ate. no biggie.
-after dinner, PIG mum made (PLEASE! GO NOW! to the top of friday's post to see what i REALLY want to type, but have unfortunately been TOO HEAVILY CENSORED by PIG mum. ><) me walk over and forced me to bend down awkwardly to flick on the computer switch, then she made (PLEASE! GO NOW! to the top of friday's post to see what i REALLY want to type, but have unfortunately been TOO HEAVILY CENSORED by PIG mum. ><) me walk back to the computer table, where again, i had to bend down awkwardly to flick on more switches before i cxould tootle online.
-phew, i finished! i'll just check; doubt i've got any time for a news article or two, but oh well. no physio toms, but leann's coming to visit! and dear dad left me a sausage bun for breakkie toms! finally, we're going out for dinner toms! it's at mt gravatt; PIG mum won't tell me with who, but i have my suspicions ... oh well, shan't guess. em likes surprises!
hope everyone has a great day toms!
cheers,
em. ^^
P.S. i found and corrected 1 error in my post tonight.

No comments: