Saturday, July 25, 2009

saturday post

good evening, all!
today, em was hard at work plodding 2472 steps, righteo, what happened today?
-yay, go em who managed to swing herself over to use the pot :P once last night without falling to her death. :P
-PIG mum dug herself up to go to work. em swung herself over to use the pot:P once more, then cuddled her darling bear bear and sang/counted herself back to sleep. zzz... :P
-ding dong! nelli arrived. so dad hit me with the eye goo, gave me ten more mins of snooze time, then sent nelli in to dig me up. during those 10mins, i swung myself over to use the pot :p once more.
-nelli dug me up, got me kitted, then Forced me to walk out to the gobbling :P table.
-breakfast was a mug of warm milo plus a slice of toast, lightly margarined :P onto which i forked some yummy ham and egg. thanks, dad. :)
- i read the kite runner out aloud for awhile, nelli kindly gave my dumb/sick/crazy :P left hand/arm a massage.
-nelli Forced me to walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth. gosh, but did i savour my once a week opportunity to balance the toothbrush on the cup then squirt the toothpaste out that way!
-then nelli Forced me to walk to the loo, where i did a stinky unspeakable, wiping myself too. nelli came back to Force me to walk over to wash both hands, Forced me to walk over to dry them both, and Forced me to walk back to my dining room chair.
-we both sat and read until the parents arrived home. actually, aunty susan rang, said she was coming over to return some tools or sth like that to dearest dad.
-after nelli left, we had noodles with lotsa vegetable (was it bok choy or wombok? lol, i can't remember. ><" :P) and a couple of chunks of pork. lol, my bad - PIG mum says it was choy sum. :P washed down with a mug of plain milk, which i was very careful to hold in the 'correct' manner. of course, PIG mum had to force my poor left hand to hang onto the bowl as i ate. whatever.
-ding dong. vincent the physio arrived. >< first session:PT. surprisingly, he let me wear my walkbelt! then he Forced me to walk over to my TV chair, where i had to do head exercises, right and left arm reachy exercises. he also forced me on a few laps of walking with sticky, and a few more fast ones.
-when he left, a new carer from staffing options came! her name's sannadhi ten-hengel, she's dutch (ie from holland), also called the netherlands, and i learnt how to say thank-you in her language! it's spelt 'dank je wel'. don't know how it's pronounced (sp?) though. :p oh, and her hubby's a ... lol, i forgot. ><" painter? thanks, PIG mum! he's a photographer.
-anyways, PIG mum showed her around, and they Forced me to walk into the laundry for my shower.
-but it was nice to have a carer that was perfectly amenable to the 'i start undressing me from the top, if you'll start undressing me from the bottom, and we'll meet somewhere in the middle' thing. :)
-a nice hot shower - no hairwash today.
-i got dried, creamed, redressed. sannadhi (i guess it's understandable why i didn't call her by name today, yes? :P) handed me sticky and Forced me to walk back out to my dining chair.
-but thanks to her for a perfect arvo tea!i got a toasted cheese - thanks, 2 slices! - ham and mayo sandwhich, cut into 4 triangles. and a cup of tea, sweetened with 2 teaspoonfuls of sugar.
-i read the kite runner out aloud for awhile, the carer kindly gave my dumb/sick/crazy left hand/arm a massage. :Pshe also forced me on approx 20mins of left arm exercise.
-she also Forced me to walk over and play piano. so my right hand supported my dumb/sick/crazy :P left hand in thunking out twinkle twinkle 4x, then my right hand played all the scales and some xmas carols. i introduced my carer to my naughty lyrics :P
-aroundabouts 6pm, the carer kindly cut up a pear for me, of which i shared with her two slices.
-at 6:30, the carer Forced me to walk to the loo. i did my second stinky unspeakable of the day, wiping myself too.
-i signed the carer off at 7pm, said my thanks and byes. her husband is making them a salad for dinner tonight.
-PIG mum flew :P back from seeing my carer out to force poor em on a few plus mins of left foot/ankle exercises, before she forced poor em on 40+ mins of hand exercises, culminating in a forced march upstairs and back down. actually, i used the parent's bathroom, so of course, PIG mum forced poor em to dak and un-dak herself also.
-dinner tonight: rice, lotsa wombok, a slice of yummy sweet carrot, some chicken and some beef. washed down with a yummy mug of fruit and vegie juice - don't worry, i was very careful to hold the cup in the 'correct' manner; i already had the luxury of holding it 'incorrectly' with the carters today. of course, PIG mum wasn't happy until she got to force my poor left hand to hold onto the bowl as i ate. no biggie.
-PIG mum made (PLEASE! GO NOW! to the top of yesterday's post to see what i REALLY want to type, but have sadly been TOO HEAVILY CENSORED by PIG mum. ><) me walk to lean down to flick on the computer switch, then she made (PLEASE! GO NOW! to the top of yesterday's post to see what i REALLY want to type, but have sadly been TOO HEAVILY CENSORED by PIG mum. ><) me walk back to the computer desk, also forcing me to fumble awkwardly for my chair. it used to be that she'd stick the chair behind me so i could sit down, but now it seems she derives far greater pleasure from being able to force poor em to do it. argh, i'll survive.
-woo hoo, i finished! so i'll just check, then maybe squeeze in my naruto fix for the week. hope to see everyone at church toms, and fingers crossed for some yummy lunch!
cheers,
em. ^^
p.s. I'VE JUST SPOKEN TO AUNTY NGA ON THE PHONE, AND MY, BUT THAT WEE MICKEY IS A SMART BRAT! HE CAN USE THE P[OTTY ALL BY HIMSELF NOW! :p (eep, sorry, shrieking. ><)
P.P.S. i found and corrected 4 errors in mypost tonightP.P.P.S. PIG mum is already tearing/wrenching my poor left thumb out of a loosely clenched fist. ai, i'll survive till bible study toms.

No comments: