Monday, April 12, 2010

tuesday post6

good afternoon! well, hopefully, when evelyn arrives, she'll lemme stay online till 4:10pm, coz i got online @ 2:10pm. but anyways, today i was hard at work plodding 1707 steps. anyways, today's events:
-almost forgot! two days ago, on sunday, when we were @ plaza having lunch, we bumped into ping! she works @ some nursing home now, coz it offered her full-time work, whereas the cathay association only offered part-time. and she still remembers that conversation i had on her mobile with her mum from china! *flashback*:
*ping hands her phone over to me. "here, talk to my mum!'
me:"ping, i don't speak mandarin!" *horrified*
ping, insistent:"come on!"
*me, taking the mobile tentatively:"ni hao, gao nai nai... (ping had told me to call her mum 'gao nai nai')err ... dui bu qi, wo bu zhi dao, wo bu ming bai ... wo shuo guang dong hua, wo bu shuo puo tong hua ... umm ... oh! ni de nuer hen chong ming! okay, xie xie, zai jian!" (i think i said, "hello, gao nai nai. i'm sorry, i don't understand, i speak canto, i don't speak mandarin. umm ... oh! your daughter's very smart! okay, thanks, bye-bye!"
well, ping and her mum had a good laugh @ me. :P)
-when dearest dad got up for work this morning, em swung herself over to use the pot :P once. back in bed, i released poor ela from her prison and tucked her gently back in for some sleep. dad had already bent up K1, who beamed down @ me, saying, "good morning, em! umm ... i think you'd better rescue superted from the ground, that silly bear tried flying last night but was too sleepy to maintain a decent altitude and so plummeted to the ground. :P" so i bent down, picked him back up, then cuddled my darling bear bear and snored my head off with him :P, until PIG mum came inside to poke me awake with "ten more minutes."
-i counted down five, swung myself over to use the pot :P then counted down the other five. then i cuddled bear bear and had a silent chat to percy the angel/saint, asking him to please help me with the patience and perseverance i'd need to endure through today.
-PIG mum dug me up. i used the pot :P once more, got kitted. PIG mum made me walk out to the gobbling :P table.
-i spat out my mouth splint, took one sip from the required glass of water. breakfast was two yummy weetbix with a lil bit of honey.
-PIG mum made me walk out to the car. today, she gleefuly forced poor em to buckle her own seatbelt all day, and we also listened to my car CD all day.
-PIG mum tootled me off to unique physiotherapy for my torture session with vincent the physio. :( she made me walk inside, and i settled down with a famous magazine until he was ready for me.
-today, my session was just basically me walking unaided from the plinth to the physio entrance and back. i had a few bum falls, what with my crappy balance and everything, but i survived ... just. i'm just entirely grateful that cousin katie's coming over for the week and he won't come over to torture me on saturday!
-session over, he Forced me to walk back outside, left me with the famous mag i'd been reading. oh, funny thing: some minutes later, he came over, said, "i haveta go out for a few minutes. if anyone comes inside, just tell them to take a seat and that i'll be back within ten minutes."no-one did come, but when he came back, i told him, "some lady came inside, asked where you were."
"and what did you tell her?"
"that you'd gone to the chemist to get your daily heroin fix. believe me, she left real quick after that." :P obviously, he didn't believe a word of what i'd said! :p
-PIG mum came back for me (she'd gone to get a blood test) and made me walk back to the car. surprisingly, she said yes to my polite requests to go see naz for a kebab! fair enough, it's been, like, one month!
-also thanks to her who was willing to try park in the available disabled parking spot to save me such a struggle in walking to the kebab place. however, ZERO thanks to her who only gave it two measely attempts, claimed, "it's too hard" then gleefully zoomed upstairs to park. unsurprisingly, there wasn't any parking available upstairs, either, so she got to zoom even further away and park. anyways, she made me walk all the way down into the foodcourt, and yay - naz was here!
-so one small chicken kebab for the two of us, mine with lettuce, tomato, no onion, cheese, pineapple and lotsa mayo. PIG mum had the same, minus the extras. we swapped casual chat about our easter holidays while we waited for our kebabs to roast.
-PIG mum made me walk over to some table to sit down, then went to buy our drinks. she returned with a yummy chocolate with pearl for me, and a yucky milk tea with grass jelly for herself. we traded slurps.@ first, PIG mum said i was free to enjoy my yummy kebab for myself; when she changed her mind, i passed her a shred of lettuce.
-again, ZERO thanks to PIG mum who refused to check if there were any disabled carparks available before we left; she just made me walk all the way back up to the 4WD.
-PIG mum tootled us home. i let erf sit sideways for the last car trip of the day where PIG mum drove.
-PIG mum made me walk into the loo, of course also forcing me to dak myself. but thanks to her who gave me a mug of water - which i was very careful to hold 'correctly', of course - and i did a stinky unspeakable, wiping myself too.
-PIG mum came back, forced me to un-dak myself, made me walk over to wash and dry both hands and made me walk back to the computer table.
-tonight, evelyn's taking me to toastmasters! all fingers, toes and every appendage crossed that the heaven's will open, meaning that rather than Forcing me to walk all the way up to the toastmasters room, i'll be able to wheel myself up in sparkless. however, i know i'm not that lucky, so i've more or less resigned myself to that long, tiring walk. :( but toastmasters should be good! hopefully, someone will bring supper and i'll get some bikkies. also hope that PIG mum will allow evelyn and i to get a chicken wrap from somewhere for dinner. i remember, last time i got a small meal with an orange juice; i don't really feel lucky enough to ask for a milkshake yet. :P
-but even better, cousin katie from canadia :P is visiting for a few days! hopefully, we'll have lotsa fun together! anyways, hope everyone has a great day toms!
cheers,
em. ^^
P.S. i found and corrected 3 errors in my post this arvo.

No comments: