Sunday, April 18, 2010

monday post 7

good afternoon! firstly, since i didn't pop online till 3:10pm this arvo, tonight, after chrissy leaves, i'm still owed ONE HOUR and TEN MINUTES online! but secondly, just in case, i was hard @ work plodding 4106 steps today. anyways, today's events?
-this morning, when dearest dad got up for work, i swung myself around to use the pot :P once. back in bed, i released poor ela from her prison, tucked her thumb back in for some sleep, then cuddled superted and snored my head off. :p K1 had already been woken up by dearest dad, so he just stood proudly grinning, watching over us.
-when PIG mum poked me awake with "ten more minutes" i moaned @ her, "twenty, please," and like the other days, we compromised @ fifteen. so i counted that time down, then spent the last few seconds left having a silent chat to percy the angel/saint, asking him to please help me with the patience, perseverance and endurance i'd need to endure through today.
-when PIG mum entered my room, i swung myself over to use the pot :P once more. but too bad, nature called - i needed to do a stinky unspeakable. >< of course, PIG mum refused to roll me into the bathroom -instead, she got me kitted then made me walk to the bathroom, also gleefully forcing me to dak myself.
-but thanks to her who handed me one mug of water - which i was very careful to hold 'correctly', of course - and i did a stinky unspeakable. PIG mum came back, gleefully force me to un-dak myself, made me walk over to wash and dry both hands, and made me walk out to the gobbling :P table.
-breakfast was one yummy sausage bun and one mug of plain milk/milo, which i sculled 'incorrectly' coz PIG mum was too busy taking phone calls.
-PIG mum made me walk out to the 4WD. today, she gleefully forced poor em to buckle her seatbelt all day, and we also listened to hins cheung all day. funny thing was - PIG mum couldn't stop fiddling with the volume all day! she must've changed the volume @ least each minute - from the lowest being fourteen to the highest, @ twenty-eight! :p
-PIG mum tootled us off to UQ. luckily, there was a parking spot available for us on arrival.
-PIG mum took me to the loo. today, she both gleefully forced me to dak and un-dak myself. then, she made me walk over to wash and dry both hands, made me walk to the rubbish bin to toss out my wet paper towel, gleefully forced (3rd time) me to walk over to the waiting area to grab a famous magazine, and made me walk back to a chair. my thanks to the gentleman who saw me struggling to walk and so moved up a seat so i could walk a slightly shorter distance to my seat.
-i browsed my famous mag as PIG mum rocked off to pay.
-postman pat came along! but he told me that he wouldn't be working with me today. :(
-michelle finally came for me, lent me a walkbelt but no walking stick, and Forced me to walk in.
-i sat down in an armchair as she took elf for examining. then she Forced me to walk over to a plinth, where i practised like fifteen sit to stands.
-a new boy, sth winter, came to help me out. and no, i asked, he doesn't have a girlfriend who's surname is 'summer'. :P
-they Forced me to walk to the parallel bars, where both erf and elf did some stepping exercises. funny thing was, i always thought that when you step with your left foot you shift all your way to the right, and when you step with your right foot you shift all your weight to the left. but why did michelle make me shift to the left regardless of which foot i was stepping? i dunno, will try to remember and ask her if we do this exercise again.
-actually, michelle explained to the guy i've got no left-side side vision, then added what one of the teachers had taught her: emily's one of the best ppl we've got here that adjusts herself to this. i'm not really sure what she meant ... well, that's another thing i'll try remember to ask her about come thursday.
-she handed me back to PIG mum, who made me walk back down to the 4WD. i yelled out a farewell to ann as we left. :p
-too bad, PIG mum told me that the set lunches @ the cafe upstairs were yucky; one was lamb and the other pasta, i think.
-so instead she tootled us off to buranda. not really sure how she managed to take a wrong turn and get us lost, though. :P
-she gleefully MADE (4th time) me walk to sushi1.
-PIG mum came back with a yummy terrible yucky chicken (her name for 'teriyaki chicken' :P) for me, and one sweet chilli prawn and one sweet chilli chicken sushi roll for herself. we shared a 400mL apple and mango juice.
-PIG mum made me walk into the buranda medical centre. she took me once to the loo, made me walk over to wash and dry both hands, then made me walk into the treatment room.
-but then i was really happy! coz when dr. lin wandered inside, her first words to me were, "how's my favourite pincushion?" :D :p
-so yeah, em was turned into a pincushion. o_O :P
-afterwards, PIG mum made me walk back outside to the waiting area, and i think she went to the chemist to buy me more dressings.
-she came back, made me walk to the car, and tootled us home. i let erf sit sideways for the last car trip of the day.
-PIG mum made me walk to the computer chair. i rang CODA. claire answered, i got passed onto alice. apparently, on thursday, evelyn and some other worker are taking me out to garbo together? some training shift, i think ...
-anyways, chrissy's here, so i'll head over for my shower now. i've got a yummy sausage bun for arvo tea!
cheers,
em. ^^

No comments: