Monday, July 29, 2024

Tuesday Post 437

 Good afternoon! Firstly, today I've been hard @ work plodding 2122 steps (ha, I'm over two grand XD); secondly, John Piper's daily devotional topic from last night's "God's Plan For Martyrs"; thirdly, TWFT topic's 'How To Ease Financial Stress' and fourthly, Our Daily Bread's devotional topic's 'A Meaningful Hyphen'. Anyways, events for today?

  • Yay, awesome sleep last night!  Nature didn't call until 8:50am (my 2nd best for 2024!) and after one pot :P trip, I spend ten minutes beginning a mostly silent chat to Percy the saint/angel, asking him please to help me with the patience, perseverance, strength and endurance I need to get through today with, giving PIG mum all the pleasure, all the satisfaction and just suffering for her whenever she decided that only she can be happy and/or satisfied. It doesn't sound very fair, but she's taught me through her actions, if not through her words, that it's enough she's happy and/or satisfied, and I guess whenever that happens, I've just got to grit my teeth and endure. >< *sigh*
  • Not long afterwards, PIG mum begins her daily a-THUMPING around upstairs and soon, she's let herself into my room to hit me with the eye goo and help exceedingly slightly with not just the bra strap but the tee (coz dearest dad's @ home) before leaving me to get myself mostly independently kitted, which I comply with after giving myself fifteen more minutes and using the pot :P once more first before calling PIG mum back to finish with Elf's AFO straps and both shoelaces since I didn't want to be back in bed before twelve hours had passed and 'twas already 9:45am!
  • After PIG mum finishes with Elf's AFO and both laces, I let her gleefully FORCE :( me to walk over to the bathroom to brush teeth. Teeth brushed, I sit over the loo for one tinkle, just as Lena arrives. After I wash and dry Era, she walks out with me to the gobbling :P table.
  • Breakfast is one bowl of plain porridge with one slice of dry (unbuttered) multigrain toast, all my us ual drugs :P and one full cup of water. Over breakfast, I spent another ten minutes continuing my mostly silent chat to Percy the saint/angel, asking him please to help me get through today okay. I find it's exceedingly important to constantly remind the cruel and unfaithful God that He has no bearing on my good day whatsoever, that I am perfectly capable of having a good day without Him, despite Him and apart from Him, because my good day's dependent on my own good attitude. If only God would remember that ... *sigh* He created the phrase 'live and let live', so why the heck can't He lemme live the free, independent life that I deserve? Okay, fair enough, we all only deserve death because of Him, but why can't He just lemme live the life that nearly everyone else gets to live?? *sigh*
  • After breakfast, Lena dabs sunscreen over my face (she's the only carer that does this with a tissue!) and walks behind me back to the bathroom. There, I do a stinky unspeakable, also leaning fully against the side rail and finishing my mostly silent chat to Percy the saint/angel. Remember, however the cruel and unfaithful God tries to make my day bad for me, I won't let that affect me because my good day has NOTHING to do with Him; I'm perfectly capable of having a good day without Him, despite Him and apart from Him. See, my good day's dependent on my own good attitude!
  • After washing and drying Era, I climb into RIX and Lena tootles me off to Breathe for physio. Thanks to her who kindly helped me buckle my seatbelt all day.
  • Physio today: 2.1km bike ride, 36 assisted pull-ups, 36 hamstring curls for Elf 36 rows for Ela, 36 leg extensions for Elf and boxing! Shirley said the NDIS pays for my physio and I should have some money left over to buy stuff for myself?
  • Our other stop's Pinelands Plaza to buy groceries from Coles and get my once-weekly crunchy pork bahn mi from the Pinelands Bakehouse. Unfortunately, all the disabled car parks were taken but after Lena found a park she got a trolley for us.
  • Groceries bought, we ducked into Pinelands Bakehouse for my once-weekly crunchy pork salad roll. We chatted with Aunty Nancy and learnt that she's actually from South Vietnam, further down from Ho Chi Minh City!
  • Back home I take a nice hot shower - hairwash today. Also thanks to Lena who helped me rinse out my hair, thus freeing Era to hold my stupid right eye tightly shut.
  • Dried, creamed and rekitted, lunch was my delicious crunchy pork salad roll plus one delicious mug of vanilla chai with milk.
  • Suddenly PIG mum rings and says dad's got a flat tyre! She's with him and he's changing it; she tells Lena just leave @ 2pm.
  • Thanks to Lena who turns the television on for me before leaving~ She's back toms @ 2pm and taking me to table tennis!
  • Once I've published this post I'll use the loo once and head over to the gobbling :P table to read for one hour and wait for Nisha to gimme soome arvo tea.
  • Nisha's coming @ 5:30pm; we're gonna see the new Wolverine and Deadpool movie together!
  • Just a pity that PIG mum's still restricting me to an UnHappy Meal for dinner. *sigh?
  • Toms: hope PIG mum helps me up...
  • Also hope she'll take me grocery shopping and aisle walking somewhere, else expect a super-pissy plodding total from me.
  • Lena's coming @ 2pm and taking me to table tennis! Still pining for cake!! XD
  • Looking forward to watching the 6pm news for the 146TH time!
  • Think GG has started again? Must find out.
  • Anyways, maybe bbl else wishing everyone a smashing day toms!
    Cheers,
    Em. ^^

No comments: