Friday, February 7, 2020

Friday Post 313b

Heylo again and potentially one final greeting for today! Firstly, Em's potential final, final plodding total for Friday now stands @ 2602 and secondly, the potential final, final spam count for the week's now fifty-one. Righteo, potential final, final events for today?
  • Shortly after that, PIG mum let herself into my room to hit me with the eye goo and help me not only with the crop top (no bra today; MRI means no metal worn allowed) and the tee because dearest dad was still @ home) before leaving me to get myself mostly independently kitted, which I comply with after giving myself fifteen more minutes first. Also, I spent another ten minutes continuing my mostly silent chat to Percy the saint/angel, asking him please to help me get through today okay. I find it's exceedingly important to constantly remind the cruel and unfaithful God that He has no bearing  on  my good day whatsoever, that I am perfectly capable of having a good day without Him, despite Him and apart from Him, because my good day's dependent on my own good attitude. If only God would remember that ... *sigh* He created the phrase 'live and let live', so why the heck can't He lemme live the free, independent life that I deserve? Okay, fair enough, we all only deserve death because of Him, but why can't He just lemme live the life that nearly everyone else gets to live?? *sigh*
  • PIG mum comes back to help with nothing bar Elf's AFO straps  (remember, she seriously only helps with the straps; I'm the one doing the leg lifting, holding leg in place while she positions AFO under leg, placing leg down into brace and bending knee to allow ankle to fall into the bottom of the brace) and both laces before I let her gleefully FORCE :( me to walk over to the bathroom and brush teeth (poor Ela). Teeth brushed, I sit over the loo for two tinkles, also leaning fully against the side rail and finishing my mostly silent chat to Percy the saint/angel. Remember, however the cruel and unfaithful God tries to make my day bad for me, I won't let that affect me because my good day has NOTHING to do with Him; I'm perfectly capable of having a good day without Him, despite Him and apart from Him. See, my good day's dependent on my own good attitude!
  • After washing and drying Era, I walk myself slowly and safely out to the gobbling :P table, rising above the cruel and unfaithful Gods near-overwhelming hatred and not letting Him push me over. 
  • Breakfast was the delicious custard and crumble bun I'd bought yesterday and WOW, PIG mum turned Sunrise on for me to watch!! :D I also drank one full mug of water, popped all my usual drugs :P and drank one mug of Milo.
  • Now @ 7:04pm I've finished one more game of Bejeweled lasting 6:04. That's today's quotas satisfied, and now I promise to willingly hit the sack tonight. XD Actually, I further promise not to play again until toms coz I've actually played two more memorable games, one lasting 7:02 and the other 8:20! But I've spent too long playing, so just briefly:
  • Went for my yearly MRI. Traffic was terrible, coz some watermain had burst near Jindalee?
  • What was the name of the nurse that recognised me last year? Jack? He got me a manual wheelchair and then pushed me to get my before MRI X-Ray.
  • After the x-ray, 'twas immediately cannula time! The male nurse chickened out and found some female nurse to cannulate me instead. I explained my deal to her, she accepted and tried the first needle on Ela. Fail. >< I warned her, "You've got two chances left. Fail both and you owe me a chocolate bar, remember." The nurse asked for my other arm, backed herself to succeed and got it in second go, hoorah!
  • Once cannulated, 'twas immediately MRI time! Turns out the P.A. has three MRI machines: all have female names beginning with the same letter, not that I remember them. ><
  • The MRI technician was very nice; he got a strap to tie Ela down lest she get excited during the MRI; he got me a blanket to keep me warm and after I asked for some Linkin Park to listen to he even skipped the ads for me! He must've chosen some newer clip, too; I didn't recognise some of the songs! 
  • That done, three nurses used a slideboard/hardboard and transferred me off the MRI machine and I was wheeled straight back to radiology for my post MRI X-ray.
  • Back @ the MRI reception, I asked please for a bedpan then just started dozing ... goodness knows hw long it would take for the neurosurgeon to reset my shunt's pressure settings …
  • But suddenly the phone rings and after the nurse takes the call, she says I'm free to leave! She removes the cannula and I glance @ the time: it's only 12:05pm! Seeing as usually I don't see Ray for acupuncture till like 1:30pm, I ask PIG mum will I make it? PIG mum answers if she drives straight there and I skip lunch, yes. I'm like, no, sorry Ray, I need my lunch.
  • Instead we have lunch @ the Underwood Coffee Club! Guess PIG mum feels sorry for me; she lets me have one whole buttermilk chicken BLT burger with chips, though we only drink water. She has little battered fish fillets with kebab pockets and salad! I ask the waitress and she says sure, next time I may ask the waitress to change the salad to chips!
  • Kim minded me from 4pm till 6pm.
  • Toms: expect a super-pissy plodding total from me, coz I'm not going out. Besta's minding me from 10am till 2pm; will shower @ 12:30pm coz Kim doesn't come 4-6pm anymore.
  • Was hoping to read Benny's book for three more hours coz book club's next week but think PIG mum demanded I write a letter to Nana?
  • Anyways, hopefully bbl after dinner tonight, else wishing everyone a smashing weekend ahead!
    Cheers,
    Em. ^^

No comments: