Monday, August 12, 2013

monday post 132b

heylo again! em's new plodding total for monday now stands @ 6462. yay, digi says i'm more than half a normal person today; he also importantly adds that 6462 steps also equals 1.86km or 94.4kcal. XD righteo, just quickly, coz it's almost 8:45pm, events for today?
-UQ physio today: 12.5 minutes tilt table, six/eight laps walking and i guinea pigged for bec who was whacking my back explaining sth while i lay on the plinth.
-went to centro buranda for lunch! after letting PIG mum gleefully FORCE :( me to walk through the supermarket buying groceries, we had lunch @ pizza capers! trust PIG mum to choose the smallest pizza size available (we only got two slices each), but i chose one called eith 'the julius' or 'the maximus'; 'twas delicious and had one poached egg! :D
-afterwards, PIG mum tootled us off to the P.A. for my appointment @ the eye clinic. she gleefully FORCED :( me to walk all the way into the eye clinic waiting room.
-first, some nurse gave me a basic eye test, but for some reason, didn't dilate my pupils? i didn't mind; i was just happy that i could keep reading the newspaper!
-when the doctor called me in, there was this med student observing. he'd actually done aneducation degree before moving onto med!
turns out the eyes are fine, but apparently, my eyelashes are growing super-long! i may need to get them cut shorter ... originally, the doc was like, "we'll put you under G.A for that." but i was like, "um, can't you do that under local?" see, i've heard you're left heaps dumber every time you go under G.A, and i've been under it like seven times in the past six years! small wonder i'm so stupid ... ><
-afterwards, PIG mum tootled us home and i rang carol to let her know she could come over now.
-turns out both her and dearest dad were already waiting when we got home!
-so a quicker than usual nice hot shower for me - i washed and rinsed my own hair today.
-i had one tinkle before i flipped the nice hot water off, mostly dried and creamed myself (carol helped only with my back and era) then mostly rekitted myself (carol helped only with elf's AFO. No, correction: she helped somewhat with tugging my clothes down)
-back outside, arvo tea was half a toastie (are we outta mayo?) and one yummy mug of mint green tea, my official mug for today to hold 'incorrectly'.
-carol massaged ela for 5thirty minutes, painting her crumbed dory with chip dots (what she's having for dinner).
-before leaving, carol took me once to the loo for two tinkles.
-after she left, i tootled briefly online until PIG mum tumbled downstairs from pigland, where she immediately and gleefully booted me offline.
-after one more loo trip (of course she gleefully forced me to do everything), she gleefully forced poor ela to practise piano for quite awhile (but i don't really mind coz i've always loved playing piano; it just makes me so sad to realise that the cruel and unfaithful has left me too disabled to play anything with both hands ><)
-then she gleefully FORCED :( me to side walk six-eight laps along the hallway for her
-next was a painful fifteen minute standing calf stretch
-finally, it culminated with PIG mum gleefully FORCING :( me to plod twenty-five minutes on the bloody treadmill for her.
-dinner tonight: barbara's fried rice (gosh, she must've cooked stacks! three days later and i'm still eating!), lotsa lettuce, some king salmon and two yummy wee slices of chicken.
-dinner was spooned down with one bowl of lukewarm soup, then i returned online, first chatting to aunty jo wong on the phone for like six minutes. and i learnt two new words! ;)
-anyways, fingers crossed i can bbl with my final, final plodding total for monday plus what's happening toms, else hope everyone has a smashing tuesday!
cheers,
em. ^^

No comments: