Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Wednesday Post 292c


Good afternoon! Firstly, Em’s new plodding total for Wednesday now stands @ 1478 but secondly and way more importantly, I’m really still owed TWENTY-FOUR MINUTES online after I get home from choir tonight!! Righteo, just briefly, continuing yesterday’s events?

  • Physio with Vincent: stood most session, bent down fourteen times for Ela to move object, weightshifting reaching for both hands and five attempts before successfully leaving.
  • Bought groceries with PIG mum @ Asian Village and had yummy karage chicken rice with PIG mum for lunch; she had teriyaki eel with rice (larger, more expensive); we shared a yummy chocolate milk tea with pearl but the pearls were way inferior and all clogged together!
  • Saw Aunty Ann for a comfy massage. I enjoyed her firm ministrations while PIG mum enjoyed yapping ceaselessly @ her for one hour. XD
  • Shannon minded me from 4pm and took me to Toastmasters! Aarunan originally asked me to Timekeep but I turned down his offer lest I get too engrossed in the speeches and forget to record the time. XD
  • Instead, Ying got me to allycount! I did that with someone who had been called into judge!
  • Then, during the break, Elsa and Ying ganged up on me and said participate in the Table Topics competition! Lol, whatever~
  • We drew slips of paper for order of speech; mine said second, Elsa’s was first.
  • Lol, thee were only four competitors! Elsa, Neil, Bruce and me! when Elsa went inside, Bruce and Neil gave me good advice: SLOW DOWN! I know, usually I’m a fast talker already but when I’m nervous I go a mile a minute!
  • My turn: I wheeled myself back inside and Ying told me the topic twice: what advice would you give your ten year year old self? I started with the advice that Bruce and Neil had given me, then told myself to enjoy the next ten years, because before it’s over your life’ll be turned upside down with this stupid brain injury and you’ll haveta use this stupid wheelchair …

Cheers,

Em. ^^

No comments: