Friday, November 25, 2022

Saturday Post 440

 Good afternoon! Firstly, today I've been hard @ work plodding 1372 steps; secondly, John Piper's daily devotional topic from last night's 'Glorify God By Giving Thanks; thirdly, TWFT topic's 'You Can Defeat This Giant' and fourthly, Our Daily Bread's devotional topic's 'Enduring Hope'. Anyways, events for today?

  • Yay, 2nd consecutive awesome sleep last night! Nature didn't call until 4:55am (I love how the Sun rises before 5am even though technically Summer hasn't arrived yet!) and after one pot :P trip I spend ten minutes beginning a mostly silent chat to Percy the saint/angel, asking him please to help me with the patience, perseverance, strength and endurance I need to get through today with, giving PIG mum all the pleasure, all the satisfaction and just suffering for her whenever she decided that only she can be happy and/or satisfied. It doesn't sound very fair, but she's taught me through her actions, if not through her words, that it's enough she's happy and/or satisfied, and I guess whenever that happens, I've just got to grit my teeth and endure. >< *sigh*

  •  Nature calls hourly after that initial pot :P trip, until PIG mum lets herself into my room and hits me with the eye goo before rushing off for her half-day's work. Once's she's gone, I spent another ten minutes continuing my mostly silent chat to Percy the saint/angel, asking him please to help me get through today okay. I find it's exceedingly important to constantly remind the cruel and unfaithful God that He has no bearing  on  my good day whatsoever, that I am perfectly capable of having a good day without Him, despite Him and apart from Him, because my good day's dependent on my own good attitude. If only God would remember that ... *sigh* He created the phrase 'live and let live', so why the heck can't He lemme live the free, independent life that I deserve? Okay, fair enough, we all only deserve death because of Him, but why can't He just lemme live the life that nearly everyone else gets to live?? *sigh*

  • After dearest dad retucks me into bed, tried to suck Pearl's six pearls (and smirks when I screech for Pearl and Pearl tries to bodyslam him XD), says he'll leave me some leftovers for lunch and promises to stay quiet to let us snoore in peace, we happily do just that, me waking twice more for the pot :P before Nisha arrives @ 10am.

  • After dad lets her in, she knocks, says "Hi Em!" and "Fifteen more minutes?" Pearl nods @ her and she wisely withdraws, thus saving her from the wrath of the Bear Bum, not that Pearl's the right body shape to give one. XD

  • After I've counted down my fifteen more minutes, I call out to Nisha that I'm hungry and swing myself over to the pot :P for two more tinkles. When Nisha says good morning, I ask her was she partying too hard last night? Her voice is all shot! Nisha croaks back that she has pharyngitis, the poor thing!

  • We get me kitted, I head over to the bathroom and brush teeth, drink one mug of water and then sit over the loo proper. There, I do a stinky unspeakable, also leaning fully against the side rail and finishing my mostly silent chat to Percy the saint/angel. Remember, however the cruel and unfaithful God tries to make my day bad for me, I won't let that affect me because my good day has NOTHING to do with Him; I'm perfectly capable of having a good day without Him, despite Him and apart from Him. See, my good day's dependent on my own good attitude!

  • After washing and drying Era, I head out to the gobbling :P table for breakfast. Unsure why dad's left one plate of rockmelon for me, but hey. I'm not really a fan but eat anyway, before enjoying the yummy ham and eggs inside Turkish bread! That's a change from toast! Also thanks to Nisha who adds some cheese for me. I enjoy my first big mug of white tea with two sugars. First up, I read for thirty minutes, reaching pg. 325 @ 11:10am.

  • While Nisha closes and locks windows I use the loo once and then climb into her passenger seat. After I buckle my seatbelt, Nisha tootles us off to Calamvaale Central and finds a park underground, since the ones outside the bakery are all taken.

  • Our first stop's Woolies for tissues, before I grab my chicken katsu sushi from the Japanese food shop. Unsure why they don't offer honey chicken?

  • Back home, I take a nice warm shower - hairwash today. Also thanks to Nisha who helps me rinse my hair out, thus freeing Era to hold my stupid right eye tightly shut.

  • I have one tinkle before Nisha flips the nice warm water off, get dried, get creamed and have another tinkle. When Nisha rekits me, I have one more tinkle when she's helping with Elf's AFOO straps and one last when she's giving Wally back to Ela.
    Back outside, Nisha makes another big mug of white tea with two sugars for me, reheats the rice leftovers dad left her for my lunch with added oyster sauce (she can't cook the bread crunchy but she sure knows how to make the bread tasty!) then goes back and cleans the bathroom before sitting and eating her own lunch. She eats like Portia and her mum did when they invited us over to their place for lunch back when we were in high school; I was gonna offer her my spoon since I'd just finished eating but then realised, it's prolly how they eat! Over lunch, I kept reading, reaching pg. 333 @ 1:02pm and reaching pg. 350 @ 1:23pm, before FINISHING Leanne's book @ 1:48pm!!

  • At 1:55pm I used the loo once more for two tinkles; dad got home and signed Nisha off with our thanks and byes. She's back same time next week.

  • I'd just opened the computer when dad insisted I play table tennis with him for forty-five minutes.

  • That done, I used the loo for one more tinkle and plopped online.

  • Fingers crossed I can watch the news for the 190TH time today!

  • Toms: just church, nothing special. Well, the special thing 's that it's gonna be our monthly lunch and sports social; Charlie's taking me!

  • Anyways, hopefully bbl otherwise looking forward to seeing everyone @ church toms!
    Cheers,
    Em. ^^

  • P.S All the interesting surnames I saw while watching the news tonight (Seven's) for the 190TH time, read by Katrina Blowers: Digpaul, Cordingley (heard), Harpreet (first name), Prong, Potts, Rajwinder (first name), Pachana Starch, Renshaw Gurney Laidler, Dunlop, Pollock, Jensen, Bissell, Kerr, Duane (first name), Cash, Quinn, Dion (first name), Marr, Stinear, Holmes, Herd, Wildman  Kunst, Barnes, Mortimer, Kingsun, Starcevich, Dutton (heard) Hastie, Shanahan, Gross, Lester, Carriage (heard),  Kirby, Burley, Clements,and Done. Pat Welsh read the sports report and Laura Dymock read the weather report. Brisbane was 17-34 today. Mt. Gravatt tomorrow: 17:31. Sunrise 4:44am sunset 6:36pm

No comments: