Saturday, January 1, 2022

Sunday Post 397

 Good afternoon! Firstly, today I've been hard @ work plodding 1316 steps; secondly, John Piper's daily devotional topic from last might's 'Grace For The New Year; thirdly, TWFT topic's 'How To Be Fruitful (1) and fourthly, the spam count for the weekend's only six. Anyways, events for today?

  • Yay, 2nd consecutive awesome sleep last night! Like yesterday, nature didn't call until 5:50am and after one pot :P trip I spend ten minutes beginning a mostly silent chat to Percy the saint/angel, asking him please to help me with the patience, perseverance, strength and endurance I need to get through today with, giving PIG mum all the pleasure, all the satisfaction and just suffering for her whenever she decided that only she can be happy and/or satisfied. It doesn't sound very fair, but she's taught me through her actions, if not through her words, that it's enough she's happy and/or satisfied, and I guess whenever that happens, I've just got to grit my teeth and endure. >< *sigh* 
  • Uber and I happily snore for about another hour, my next wake-up call for the pot :P comes from PIG mum when she begins her daily noisy a-THUMPING around upstairs. Soon, she's let herself into my room to hit me with the eye goo before going back outside to await Kim's arrival @ 7:30.
  • Huh? How come Karina arrived instead? Lol, maybe I misheard when I thought Kim said she was coming back this morning. XD
  • After my fifteen more minutes, I use the pot :P for one more tinkle, we get me kitted and then I head over to the bathroom to brush teeth. Thanks to Karina who's already squirted me some toothpaste and left one mug of water for me.
  • Water drunk, I sit over the loo and do a stinky unspeakable, also leaning fully against the side rail and continuing my mostly silent chat to Percy the saint/angel, asking him please to help me get through today okay. I find it's exceedingly important to constantly remind the cruel and unfaithful God that He has no bearing  on  my good day whatsoever, that I am perfectly capable of having a good day without Him, despite Him and apart from Him, because my good day's dependent on my own good attitude. If only God would remember that ... *sigh* He created the phrase 'live and let live', so why the heck can't He lemme live the free, independent life that I deserve? Okay, fair enough, we all only deserve death because of Him, but why can't He just lemme live the life that nearly everyone else gets to live?? *sigh*
  • After washing and drying Era, I head outside to the gobbling :P table for breakfast. For the first time this Summer, I have Weet-Bix! Just two, and thanks to Karina for a drizzle of honey~
  • This morning, I happily read the new Matthew Reilly book for five minutes shy of two hours, reaching page 100 @ 10:01am, finishing pg. 111 @ 10:13am and finishing pg. 125 @ 10:31am.
  • I use the loo for one more tinkle when Karina closes and locks windows then I climb into her car and she tootles me off to BCAC for ESS. I'll see her again Thursday 7:30am till 3:30pm.
  • Lol, dad was in such a hurry for Karina to leave he pushed me into the toilet, closed the door and signed her off immediately! But he waited for me to come out and saw me seated leaving.
  • Stayed seated for worship today; sang everything plus the harmony for three songs but like every other week meant absolutely NOTHING. >< *sigh*
  • Speaker today was Simon Rattray; while his sermon wasn't titled he spoke about how Jesus dealt with the woman caught in adultery.
  • Once service ended, I used the loo for one tinkle and then dad hustled me to the Rochedale Maccas and got me home by like 1:30pm since he was inpatient to play badminton and then have arvo tea with his mates.
  • After I've used up my most important two hours of the day online, I'll head over to the dining table, ask PIG mum please to feed me some arvo tea and hopefully read for five minutes shy of one hour since I didn't get to read for three hours yesterday and hope I can today instead!
  • Excitement: tonight Ingrid's invited me over to her and Bill's place for dinner! The Lungs and Zees are coming too~
  • Toms: can't remember ... think someone's coming 9am till 1pm? Hopefully I'm not resuming physio yet! 
  • But fingers crossed I can watch the 6pm news bulletin for the first time this year!
  • Anyways, hopefully bbl else wishing everyone a smashing weekend ahead!
    Cheers,
    Em. ^^

No comments: