Sunday, January 16, 2022

Monday Post 399

 Good afternoon! Firstly, today I've been hard @ work plodding 2749 steps; secondly, John Piper's daily devotional topic from last night's 'Words For The Wind' and thirdly, TWFT topic's 'Be Gentle (3)'. Anyways, events for today?

  • Yay, 4th consecutive awesome sleep last night! Nature didn't call until 6:05am, and after one pot :P trip I spend ten minutes beginning a mostly silent chat to Percy the saint/angel, asking him please to help me with the patience, perseverance, strength and endurance I need to get through today with, giving PIG mum all the pleasure, all the satisfaction and just suffering for her whenever she decided that only she can be happy and/or satisfied. It doesn't sound very fair, but she's taught me through her actions, if not through her words, that it's enough she's happy and/or satisfied, and I guess whenever that happens, I've just got to grit my teeth and endure. >< *sigh* 
  • Usually nature calls every hour after that initial pot :P trip but happiness was snoring soundly until dearest dad very considerately walked silently along the hallway and unpopped the lock into the garage before waking for another pot :P trip.
  • After dearest dad kisses me bye, retucks me back into bed and leaves for his hard day's work, I happily snore just over another hour. Actually, I'm awoken by PIG mum who tosses me the phone and orders that I call COD because Hannah didn't turn up!
  • Amee answers, I ask for Hannah and Amie goes don't you know she's a close contact? She can't come for two weeks! Well, who's coming? Amie types away @ her computer and says someone from staffing options; I'll check and ring you back. While she does so, I give myself fifteen more minutes and use the pot :P once more. Amie rings back and says suddenly I've forgotten her name, but PIG mum doesn't like her) logged the shift but she'll find someone. 
  • PIG mum helps me up, I brush teeth, do a stinky unspeakable and have one of her yummy pork buns for breakfast plus one bowl of bird food (what Dr. Ku calls All-Bran XD)
  • Finally someone comes! Verena's from Germany!
  • We head out to Underwood MarketPlace and buy groceries from Woolies. At the self-serve checkout, the employee's unmasked; when I tug my own mask and then gesture @ his empty face he explains he's got an exemption. What's your exemption? I ask and the guy replies severe asthma.
  • Since we couldn't find the tissues I sit @ food court and Verena tries to find some @ the two dollar shop (she calls them the junk shop). She couldn't find any there but she found one three pack @ KMart so I went with her there and bought them!
  • Then we just sat @ food court and played with our mobiles. She plays Candy Crash Friends Saga and is already up to level 640 while I'm still floundering around level 230! XD We also bumped into Yeshi!
  • Thirty minutes left, so just briefly: 
  • Got home and took a nice warm shower - hairwash today. Also thanks to Verena who helped me rinse out my hair, thus freeing Era to hold my stupid right eye tightly shut.
  • Dried, creamed and rekitted lunch was a toasted tuna in tomato and onion toastie with one slice of cheese cut into four triangles plus one mug of delicious vanilla chai with milk.
  • Before Verena left, I used the loo once more for two tinkles. She's nice; hope she's back soon!
  • After I've used up my most important two hours of the day I'll go eat one of the hot cross buns I grabbed from Woolies (Sushi Creators wasn't open! ><) and hopefully read for one hour before returning online and watching the 6pm bulletin for the 10TH time!
  • Toms: Hannah's meant to come mind me again but obviously she can't coz she's another COVID close contact. If CODA doesn't ring soon and tell me who's coming, I've gotta ring them.
  • Has PIG mum got me down for physio with Jacky? Oh! Sonia rang this arvo with NAB appointments for this year; will ask PIG mum when I'm going back.
  • I'm looking forward to seeing Aunty Ann for a comfy massage in the arvo; bet PIG mum's simply DYING to yap ceaselessly @ her. XD Righteo, hopefully bbl, else wishing everyone a smashing day toms!
    Cheers,
    Em. ^^
  • Watched Nine's 6pm bulletin for the 10TH time but didn't take down interesting surnames coz the Livestream kept freezing! >< But Wally Lewis read the sports report and the most interesting surname I saw was Bunque and Jongen. 1AUD =72.08UScChris Kohler read the finance report. Luke Bradnam read the weather report from Surfers Paradise. Brisbane was 23-32 today. Mt. Gravatt tomorrow: 22-30. Sunrise 5:08am sunset 6:48pm

No comments: