Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Wednesday Post 387

 Good evening! Firstly, Em's final, final plodding total from last night's actually 3903 (aww, nearly 4000 XD); secondly, Joni's devotional topic from last night's 'When You Feel Hopeless'; thirdly, today I've been hard @ work plodding 2931 steps (so will definitely have passed three grand before the night's out XD); fourthly, John Piper's devotional topic from last night's "Live Confident In God's Sovereign Power'; fifthly, TWFT topic's 'You Must Take Responsibility For Your Life'; sixthly, Our Daily Bread's devotional topic's 'God Calls Your Name' and seventhly, Joni's devotional topic's 'Your Problems Have Purpose' but eighthly and way most importantly, I'm really still owed ONE HOUR and THIRTY-EIGHT MINUTESonline after dinner tonight!! Anyways, let's start off with yesterday's events first!

  • Once I'd used up my most important two hours of the day online, I headed over to the gobbling :P table and asked PIG mum please for some arvo tea; I'm gonna read till 5:25pm (about forty minutes away), use the loo once more and then sit @ the door awaiting Elizabeth's arrival.
  • Only she didn't turn up? At 5:40pm I rang CODA on-call and asked them please find her for me; she arrived right after I hung up: turns out her two-year old's babysitter had been stuck in traffic and obviously she couldn't leave until the babysitter arrived!
  • Meaning I got to start watching Nine's news because traffic was terrible and then Elizabeth ignored her GPS (just like PIG mum) so unsurprisingly the free parking was already all taken and I ended up arriving like twenty-one minutes late but tonight was the night our area governor was visiting!
  • I took warm-up and table topics; Kate asked me to give an impromptu about my favourite Harry Potter novel! The area governor spoke, saying he wants our club to maintain our reputation for good standing. I cheekily raised my hand and asked could I please be a member of good sitting? I'm not very good @ standing, see. He roared with laughter and said sth like between my cane (he suffers from MS and recently broke his arm when he got up from a gold class recliner! o_O) we'll make a great team!
  • Since Neil was the Toastmaster and had chosen the theme 'At The Movies', he'd even prepared a quiz and brought Minties as prizes! After he asked the first question, I immediately raised my hand and called out the answer; Neil looks @ me, - bbl!
    Cheers,
    Em. ^^

No comments: